Analysis on Trends of China’s Game Industry
ChinaJoy, China’s largest interactive entertainment exhibition, recently revealed seven major trends of China’s game industry as outlined below:
1. 3D online game products are a must.
2. Innovation of business model will be accelerated by media-oriented progress and new charging modes.
3. The sales revenue and user base will continue to expand, while the growth rate of its output value will slow down.
4. The number of cross-boundary cooperation cases is on the rise.
5. Overseas expansion will see new achievements.
6. Companies from China’s traditional industries will seek access to the online game market through merger and strategic investment.
7. China’s state-owned enterprises will seek access to the online game market through cooperation.
According to the Q3 financial reports released by China’s major online game enterprises, web game has become the leading growth driver for many enterprises. The size of China’s paid web game market stood at RMB 4.81 billion at the end of 2011, increasing 44.9% on a year-on-year basis, which is expected to reach RMB 7.882 billion in 2012 and RMB 14.06 billion in 2014.
According to the latest report released by iiMedia Research, the size of China’s mobile game market amounted to RMB 1.69 billion in Q3 2012, up 38.5% from the previous quarter and up 103.6% year-on-year. Considering the growth in the number of mobile device users, it is believed that the mobile game industry will witness an explosive growth in the coming years.
With the continuous improvement and change of game platforms in the future, China’s game industry will see another climax of development under the trend of terminal and industry integration. ChinaJoy 2013 will hold a global mobile game summit to demonstrate the vigorous development of China’s game industry and its booming market to the professionals in the global industry.
Source: Business Wire